Is Dehydration Affecting Your Golf Game?
Whether it is on or off the green, most of us could do a better job keeping ourselves hydrated. After teeing up some great nutrition tips last week, Regenexx Cayman is sharing some helpful hydration advice.
• We can’t emphasize this enough – drink plenty of water. A good rule of thumb is to drink roughly a half-ounce of water for each pound of body weight.
• When you are enjoying the Owl’s Nest grounds, please keep in mind that during exercise or long periods in the sun, you will need to increase your water intake.
• On the Owl’s Nest course, you will find water stations at holes 1, 3, 5, 7, 12, and 15 or you can always visit the Clubhouse to fill up!
• Fruits and vegetables are not only a great source of nutrition but can provide hydration too.
• Herbal teas – hot or cold, unsweetened or with honey, are great for antioxidants, so if you’re fed up with the taste of water, why not switch it up?
• Try to avoid soda and caffeine. Both will dehydrate you, plus the added salt in soda will just make you thirstier.
Top Tip for Golfers:
Think tee it up or putt it in. Plan to drink water either before each drive, or after each putt. Making this association will help you remember to hydrate during your round.
For more health and nutrition tips to help you get to the top of your game, Regenexx Cayman is providing Owl Nest golfers with a free e-book, Nutrition 2.0.