Waitstaff are expected to be outgoing individuals looking to work in service based, high-pressure situations while catering to the needs of guests to ensure customer satisfaction while representing the values and standards of the resort. This position requires attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, and an enthusiastic work ethic. This is a seasonal position; not eligible for company benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure a positive and pleasant customer experience.
- Cater to the specific needs of individual customers.
- Advise on menu and beverage offerings and answer questions competently when they arise.
- Take and deliver orders with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Manage timing of meals and adjust accordingly.
- Develop knowledge of food, wine and cocktails.
- Adhere to proper service standards.
- Present self in a professional, clean and positive manner when representing the resort.
- Work alongside other Food & Beverage employees to generate a positive and friendly, customer-focused environment for guests and patrons.
- Attend to the tables and guarantee compliance with cleanliness and sanitary standards.
- Submit an accurate and balanced cash out at the end of each business day.
- Check the quality of final servings and resolve any issues.
- Deliver checks, accept payment methods, and manage cash and/or credit slips.
- Contribute to a team environment.
- May perform duties from other positions as needed or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Previous work experience as a server, waitstaff member, or restaurant employee preferred.
- Availability and flexibility are a must when attending to the needs of the resort.
- Ability to cultivate positive relationships with coworkers and customers and ensure mutual satisfaction.
- Working knowledge of cash register and POS systems and software helpful.
- Patient and friendly with demonstrated experience in problem solving.
- Outstanding verbal communication and people skills.
- Organization and attention to detail, positive attitude, and ability to work as part of a team.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, food safety training preferred.
- Tips trained and certified.
- Experience in the resort/hospitality industry helpful.
- Minimum age 18
- TIPS Certification
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, or otherwise move objects.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing and walking.
- Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning, reaching, and bending at the waist.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter, résumé, application, and salary requirements to Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club, PO Box 1684, Campton, NH 03223 or firstname.lastname@example.org Please put the job title as the subject of your email. No phone calls, please.
LCJ Management, LLC DBA Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.