The Cook will prepare meals according to menu while following instructions in cooking and delivering items in a timely manner, while working alongside other kitchen personnel to ensure a high-quality guest experience. This is a seasonal position; not eligible for company benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up work station with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment or utensils.
- Prepare ingredients to use while cooking.
- Cook with a variety of utensils and equipment.
- Ensure appealing and pleasant presentation before service.
- Maintain a sanitized, clean, and orderly work environment.
- Make sure all food and other items are cleaned and stored properly.
- Check for quality of ingredients and monitor stock.
- May perform duties from other positions as needed or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; diploma from a culinary school preferred.
- Proven experience as cook.
- Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques.
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware.
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods.
- Ability to follow sanitation procedures and other instructions.
- Strong communications and time management skills; excellent physical condition and stamina.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, emergency calls, holiday, and weekend assignments.
- Ability to work unsupervised on a variety of job tasks, from simple to complex.
- Organization and attention to detail, positive attitude, commitment to exceptional customer services, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in the resort/hospitality industry helpful.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum age 16 (parental permission required)
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing and walking.
- Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning, reaching, and bending at the waist.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter, résumé, application, and salary requirements to Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club, PO Box 1684, Campton, NH 03223 or email@example.com Please put the job title as the subject of your email. No phone calls, please.
LCJ Management, LLC DBA Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.